Constructed in 1917 as a food warehouse, the three-story 24,000 sq foot building served as a wholescale food distribution point for western ND cities served by the NP Railway including New Salem, Glen Ullin, Hebron, Richardton, Flasher, Elgin, New Leipzig, Mott, Hazen and Beulah.
Later the building was purchased by the John Iverson Company and used as an electrical and lighting supply warehouse and wholesale distributer.
Feasibility studies to return the building to active use are in progress. Two ideas being advanced by an area developer and a non-profit cooperative are a series of microshops or a multi-use facility including a children's museum and organic food stores.
The MHSoc's museum and office is located at 411 W Main St, Mandan, ND 58554 Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave message at (701) 751-2983