Formerly located at what today is Faris Field, Mandan's flour mill was originally constructed in 1890 by a group of Massachusetts investors known as "The Boston Syndicate." The southwest area of the city is still frequently referred to as "the Syndicate." The flour mill would eventually be operated by three different owners during its lifetime.
Strategically located between the Heart River for power and the Northern Pactific railyards, the facility
Newspaper Ad December 8, 1911
T. J. "Joe" Halm moved to Mandan in 1947 and was a field representative for Amercian Beauty Macaroni Co. and manager of the Russell Milling Co.
1949 Heart River dike under construction at mill site
The MHSoc's museum and office is located at 3102 37th St; PO Box 1001; Mandan, ND 58554 Contact us at email@example.com or leave message at (701) 663-5200